Vehicle Licensing In the state of Missouri, vehicle licensing is done by the Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR). Please direct any questions regarding licensing or titling vehicles to a local contract office (sometimes referred to as license bureau or DMV) or directly to the Department of Revenue in Jefferson City, Missouri. You may renew your license plates online, by mail, or at any local contract office throughout the State of Missouri.
The license bureau in Johnson County is located at:
1034 S. Maguire St, Warrensburg MO
Phone number 660-747-3500
To renew your license plates, you will need:
1. A Missouri safety inspection certificate not more than 60 days old, if applicable;
2. An original paid personal property tax receipt or a statement of non-assessment from your county of residence (or city of St. Louis) for the previous year for a one year registration. If the registration you are renewing was a two-year registration, tax receipts or statements from the prior two years must be submitted; Click HERE to learn more about personal property tax receipts and options to verify paid information.
3. A current insurance identification card (original or copy) or other proof of financial responsibility;
4. The correct registration (license plate) fee; and
5. $3.50 registration processing fee for a one year registration or $7.00 registration processing fee for a two year registration.
6. A $5 renewal penalty will be charged if you renew your plates after the expiration date.